Tuesday 10 May 2011

May 10 - one mile in fifteen minutes!!!

I didn't get on Tready until quarter to eight tonight, so I got lazy. And that makes me laugh. Because only, what, two months ago, do you remember what my standard for lazy was? I'll tell you this - it sure the hell wasn't "only a mile"! Does anyone from my online gf's remember the time I was laying on the couch, typing that I wished I had telekinesis so I could will the chocolate from the fridge to my hand? THAT was lazy! Now if I don't do better, go farther, go faster (wait - what am I, the bionic frickin' woman?) I think I'm being lazy. What an improvement!

Tonight, since I was pressed for time before ushering The Boy off to bed, I figured I'd just set the timer. No intervals, no four minute warm-up. One minutes at about 2.5 mph, followed by thirteen solid minutes of 4.3 or 4.4. Well, okay, I cheated once. I grabbed the handrails and hopped on the side for about 20 seconds when I hit the wall. At the start of "Heart Failure". Why do my legs want to give up as soon as I hear a song about Nikki Sixx OD'ing? (Maybe it's his voice....ha ha! Drool drool drool! Oh wait, am I digressing again? Shit.) And the whole works was followed up by one minute at 2.5 again, which took me right to the end of said song. I was even good about stretching afterward. Go me! :-)

Totally not running-related thought: Flood fighting is going well in the old hometown. The dikes are holding. (What are they holding? BWAHHHH HA HA HA oh, so not funny. Because not that there's anything wrong with that. As they say. Digressing again, focus! Snicker...) Hang on Lisa - it'll hold it'll hold it'll hold it'll hold!

Not directly running-related-but-sort-of thought: Brandy has landed in Botswana. Congratulations Brandy! Keep us posted (I'm sure you will!) And you'll have to let me know what running in Gabs is like! ;-)

Seriously, do I have amazing friends or what? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment