Wednesday 25 May 2011

Damn you, Dj Ashba and your extensive live guitar solos!!!!

I tinkered with the mix again and I've almost got it! I got 2.5 miles in 46:05. I started with "Lies...", then the whole Sixx:A.M. live album, then "Smile" and back to "Lies". Unfortunately, I ran out of miles before I ran out of music, so I might try adding .2 miles next time.

The other cool thing tonight was that I only had to stop once in that time. My legs kept wanting to give out every time I heard "You can lead him to the ambulance" during Dead Man's Ballet. Think that's a hint? Surprisingly, somehow I broke through that song and made it through the rest without a hitch.

I realize I haven't been blogging much about fitting in running with, well, running! As in running The Girl to soccer every Tuesday and Thursday, and whaddaya know? The Boy's golf lessons are Wednesdays! How the hell (or maybe more accurately, WHY the hell) would I subject myself to that? I'm still asking myself that question. See, I did the kids' sports registration day thingy at the mall back in March, and the PLAN was that The Boy was going to be in soccer. I managed to time my pregnancies to fully maximize the benefits of two kids whose birth years play soccer at almost the same time on the same night. Hell, they were even going to be playing at the same park (that is until the Assiniboine effed that plan up for EVERYONE!) But The Boy got this brilliant idea that he wanted to play football. And then he got there and insisted, no, he never said he wanted to play football. He didn't want to play soccer (though he was so good at getting girls' phone numbers last year), and I insisted that dammit, he was going to do something if it killed me. It might yet. Anyway, he's whacked a ball with a club a few times the last couple of summers, so I convinced him to sign up. Then it turned out his lessons would be at a course on the north side of the city. On the other side of the river. Fortunately for me and a few thousand other people, the only two streets that'll get you there are now open, so maybe there's hope for us yet.

Now I just have to wait for the running track to open.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment