Sunday 24 April 2011

April 24, 2011 - Happy Easter! (Bonus "Reasons I Run" - the Random Version!)

So I thought I'd try the Sixx:A.M. run again. I really like it! It's perfect for intervals - warm up song, run song, fast walk song, run song, etc. I cooled down to "Tomorrow", and a mile and a half took 26 minutes (although I almost died halfway through...well..."Dead Man's Ballet" lol!) I bumped the incline down to 1.0 (after almost forgetting to do it!)

Some things I've discovered:

1. Go pee before you run. No, I didn't have an accident, but it's really distracting, and not in a good way!
2. I still don't like sweating.
3. If you turn the iPod up loud enough, you can't even hear your feet pounding!
4. I'm too chicken to try running outside again.

'Kay, something else I might try, too. I'm going to spend my "off" days doing Pilates or something to try and strengthen my core. I have a really bad swayback from when I threw my back out two years ago (I know, I'm a wreck, aren't I?) and one of the reasons I run is to try and lose weight. Plus it really does loosen up my back! So I thought I'd throw that in there and see if there's any hope in hell of finding my abs again. I know they're in there somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment