Wednesday 8 June 2011

I'm back....I don't know for how long, but I'm back!

So I took a week off. Things were shit, life was too busy - I'd forgotten what it's like to have two kids in two different sports! And the worst part was the weather.

I knew I had to get my ass outside if I wanted to accomplish any kind of real running, so I downloaded the C25K app for my iPhone. It's a version that allows you to make your own playlist (something that we've already established in a previous post - I need my hard rocking tunes!!!) So I did my very first run in ohhhh, a good few years. And guess what? My legs f@#$in' hurt! Tready has spoiled me! In Tready's defense though, I actually kept running and I think I only walked once when I should've been running, and only for about 10 seconds.

Oh yeah, the other cool thing about this particular app - your own music plays, but it goes "ding ding!" every time you switch from walking to running and back, and a  voice will say "walk" or "run" so you don't lose track. It also tells you when you're half-way.

So - 5 minute warm up, 5 minute cool down, with alternating 90 second walking and 60 second running for 20 minutes in between. (It actually works out to 31 minutes, to be precise!) Listened to Sixx:A.M. (surprise!) and covered about 2 miles (or 3.2 km). It's about 15 degrees Celsius out there, sunny, with a beautiful light cool breeze. And I don't know when I'm doing day 2!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back! I've missed your running posts! :)

    ReplyDelete